To help reduce out of pocket payment for patients, CPF members can use their Medisave to pay for outpatient treatments of 19 chronic conditions under the Chronic Disease Management Programme (CDMP).
2. Hypertension (High blood pressure)
3. Lipid disorders (E.g. High cholesterol)
6. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
8. Major depression
9. Bipolar disorders
11. Osteoarthritis (Degenerative joint diseases)
13. Benign prostatic hyperplasia (Enlargement of the prostate gland)
14. Parkinson's disease
15. Nephrosis / Nephritis (Chronic kidney disease)
With effect from 1 Jun 2015
19. Rheumatoid arthritis
For each bill, patients will need to co-pay 15% of the bill in cash, and Medisave can be used to pay for the remaining amount. This is regardless of whether the bill is for a one-off visit or a package.
|Medical Bill||Patient Pays||Medisave Pays|
|$100||15% of bill = $15||$100 - $15 = $85|
Medisave withdrawals are subject to an annual outpatient withdrawal limit of $400 per Medisave account with effect from 1 Jan 2012. Patients can also use the Medisave of their immediate family member(s)* to pay for their treatment, up to a limit of $400 per year per account. A maximum of up to 10 accounts may be used.
* Immediate family member refers to a member's spouse, child or parent. Members may also use their Medisave for their grandparents if their grandparents are Singapore citizens or permanent residents.
Patients can sign up for this programme at any participating clinics directly. Clinics participating in the programme will be identified with a decal/sticker which will be displayed at the clinic. Patients may search for a CDMP clinic in their neighbourhood