0
0
Bookmark

Your Journey to buying a BTO/SBF

11 Aug 2016 
SOURCE: CPF Board

Here's what to expect at each stage of the buying process, and its timeline.

 Your Journey to buying a BTO SBF.png

1.       Look out for the announcement of flat sales launch 

Built-To-Order (BTO) flats: Quarterly launch

Sale of Balance (SBF) flats: No fixed schedule

 

2.       Submit your application

The application period will be opened for 1 week from the announcement and applications can be   made online. Those without internet access can also visit HDB Hub or any of the HDB Branches to submit your application. You will also need to pay a non-refundable administrative fee of $10 (in cash).

 

3.       Wait for the notification of ballot results

BTO: About 1.5 months from the closing of the application period.

SBF: About 2.5 months from the closing of the application period.

 

4.       Booking of flat

The selection exercise commences 1 to 2 weeks from the release of the ballot results and is dependent on your queue position. If you have booked a flat, you can also check if you are eligible for the following grants.

 

5.       Sign the Agreement for Lease

You can expect to sign the Agreement for Lease within 4 months of booking a flat.

You will also need to make the downpayment and legal and stamp fees. If you are taking a HDB loan, you will have to pay 10% using either cash or CPF. If you are taking a bank loan, you will have to pay 5% in cash, and 15% in either cash/CPF. Legal and stamp fees can be paid with either cash or CPF.

 

The Staggered Downpayment Scheme will also be offered to eligible applicants.

 

6.       Collect your keys!

You can collect the keys to your new flat by the Estimated Completed Date (ECD).

The ECD varies across projects and you will be informed of the ECD when you are invited to book a flat. Depending on the progress of the construction works, your flat may be completed earlier. 

 

You Might Like

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​cpf_Anni_logo_big.png​​​​
Report Vulnerabili​​ty | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement | FAQ | Feedback | Contact Us

This site is best viewed using IE10 & above and all latest 2 versions​.
​Copyright © 2020 Central Provident Fund Board.